The results of your Life Insurance physical have a big influence what rate you’ll pay.. Here are some easy ways to make sure you do your best.
1. Drink 8 or more glasses daily for at least two days before your exam. Avoid eating or drinking anything except water for 8 to 12 hours before you’re tested.
2. Schedule the exam the morning in your home or office — wherever you’re most relaxed. Being relaxed will help lower your blood pressure.
3. Another way to lower your blood pressure is to have the exam technician take it last, after you’ve answered all the health questions, given a urine sample, etc. You’re usually much more relaxed then.
4. Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours before the exam. If an hour on the Stairmaster or at the gym is part of your daily routine, give yourself the day off. Exercise can temporarily elevate blood pressure.
5. Eating right for a few days before the exam might make a notable difference in your cholesterol reading. Stay away from fatty foods, rich desserts and alcohol for three or four days. Go for the green leafies, fresh fruits and whole grains.
6. If you take any medications, stay on your regular schedule – including the day of the exam. Especially if you take medicine to control cholesterol or blood pressure.
SelectQuote has exclusive videos of Suze Orman offering impartial advice on buying Life Insurance.